Pages

Makeup/beauty

Monday, December 15, 2014

Burt's Bees Lip Crayon Review

Burt's Bees Lip Crayons Review!
I have been wanting to try this for while, and I finally caved in and picked my 2 favorite colors out to give them a try.  Let me just say...THESE ARE AMAZING. The staying power is great and they apply smoothly and have semi matte look to them, without over drying your lips. One of the reasons I am most excited about these is because they are 100% natural. I have always used Burt's Bees lip balm and have known the line of products is natural, but never gave much thought to it. After looking into some of the ingredients in my current lipsticks I was taken back at the fact that these chemicals are going on our lips...which essentially ends up in our body. I am going to try and slowly switch my everyday lipsticks to either Burt's Bees or Bite Beauty, because I am starting to realize the importance of natural lip products. 
Here are the swatches: 
On the bottom: Sedona Sands
Top: Redwood Forest
____________________________________________


Redwood Forest on my lips:
I have to say the Redwood Forest was my FAVORITE. I have been trying to branch out and wear darker colors on my lips for the fall/winter. This color gives the most elegant shade of red that isn't too intense. Definitely a new found favorite of mine. Below is a better swatch of Redwood Forest on my hand. 




___________________________________________________________________
Sedona Sands on my lips:

Overall I liked this color, but my only complaint was that it isn't very pigmented. My lips are naturally pretty pigmented, so this shade was one of those "my lips but better" colors. 



I would highly recommend these lip crayons! I purchased mine at Ulta but you can find them at most drugstores. 





No comments:

Post a Comment