Pages

Makeup/beauty

Monday, March 3, 2014

My Skin in a Nutshell


Hello! So this is new for me but I am really excited to try this whole blog thing! What my goal for the blog is for me to find products that I like or don't like, and be able to share with you why. 

My skin is difficult, and it has been a HUGE problems these last two years. During college I developed severe Excema and Skin allergies that merged together to form a girls nightmare! I went one year in college wearing absolutely NO makeup because my skin was constantly red and dry. If I would even put the least amount of makeup on it would flake off. Not wearing makeup wasn't a huge deal, but the biggest thing to me was the embarrassment of having dry red skin on my face and neck. There were some days that when my skin was so bad I didn't go to class or leave my house, because leaving the house I was bound to get weird looks or even have the occasional person ask what was wrong with my skin and if I was OK. 

SO, what was the solution? Well I by no means have perfect skin now, but it has come SO FAR! What really turned things around was going Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Sugar Free for one month. My skin changed more in that month than ever before. I also slowly found face and makeup products that my skin would start to accept and not become irritated to.

Now my skin is pretty much good with anything except really harsh chemicals or highly fragrances things...I try to stay away from those things anyway! 

I'm so excited to share with you some things that have worked for me and some newer things that I am trying!

Along the way if you have any products that you have used to help dry irritated skin, please let me know! I am always up to trying new things! 


No comments:

Post a Comment